Thursday, October 7, 2010

Amazing Little Girl

The past two days have shown much improvement. Yesterday, when Kevin got home Maya said, "Daddy look! I can run now!" She really is getting so much better... She uses her left hand now without being prompted, though she still does not swing it when she walks. She still has coordination issues when she tries to grab things, and if she holds something in that hand it will most likely spill unless she pays constant attention to it. I think the greatest weakness overall is her shoulder, but that will get stronger over time as well.

I have to say I am quite impressed and amazed! Her movements have become much more fluid. And we've only been doing "Webb" therapy, ha! Sometimes I look at her and think, there is no way she just had open-heart surgery...

Here's a video of her walking on the trampoline yesterday. I think the bounciness is very forgiving on her knee and helps with her ankle and flexing her foot. She had a lot of fun and was dying to jump but I just don't think we're quite ready for that :)



I also wanted to say thank you to my friend Amber for the yummy lunch yesterday... we sure enjoyed your visit! Also, my friend Carol brought by an Edible Arrangement and some things for Maya that were just darling. We are blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see such a happy little girl! We have been thinking about you guys and chad asks about you everyday. Wanting to know if i checked the blog again. God Bless you guys! You need anything, you just let me know. Is it Pizza Time?

    Love: The Goodwins

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, i had so much fun at the visit, too! and i loved getting to play playdo with maya!!! i'm glad she's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete