Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where does the time go?

It's so hard for me to believe that school is starting in 3 weeks... After checking my posts I realized that I never made it to the blogworld in July-- It was a super busy month. So, I'll do my best to get caught up:)




We started the month with a trip to Marfa. July 4th is one of my favorite times to head west because our own town is so crazy (and hot) this time of year. We had a blast taking pictures with our new camera (which we LOVE). It was nice to get some really great pictures of some horned lizards. We've always taken pictures of them in the past, but the detail and clarity of our new camera is in a whole other league.



This trip was really special because Rain spotted her first lizard. We were driving along in the four wheeler and she screams, "Daddy STOP!!! I saw a horned lizard!!!" Kevin and I and kinda looked at each not really sure what to think. I mean, these guys have incredible camo for Marfa and I can hardly see them unless they are moving...


So we stopped, got out and began the hunt. Sure enough she found it and here is her picture with her her first horned lizard. Atta, girl!!!




She was sooo happy! I'm glad that she that she got to spot one on her own... it was a HUGE accomplishment and she was so proud.

We also had another Horned Lizard first. One of them that we caught only had three legs. That just goes to show how tough these little reptiles are! It was really cool because it used it's tale for a replacement leg and actually balanced and walked on it. Too cool!


Marfa is such a beautiful place... there's a reason they call it God's Country. That's all for now-- I'll write more about July later. (I'm sooo bad LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment