Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

I woke up Monday morning at 6 am and thought, "well, here we go!" It was the first day of school and after spending a week at the beach, it didn't really seem real. I was hoping for an easy transition into our school morning routine and I have to say that the kids were great. Parker hopped out of bed and sat at the table for breakfast, while Rain only took a little coaxing. (She's my sleeper so that was REALLY good for her!)

It was going to be a busy morning- Since I am PTA President this year, I had much to do. I needed pack all of our supplies because we were out of town for meet the teacher, pick-up doughnuts for the kinder 'boo-hoo breakfast', get to school, set up the the PTA table with membership forms, t-shirts and bags and put together the teacher gifts... And all of this before 7:45! Let's not forget that I actually had to see my own children to their classrooms :)

Thanks to some really great kids and the help of some other cool moms, we got it done! I have to say it's been awhile since I've accomplished so much in so little time. It felt great! And after a week of taking it all in stride, I'm exhausted! LOL!

Here is a picture from Parker's 1st day of 5th grade and Rain's 1st day of 1st grade:

This one is last year's

And here is one from 2005

How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment