Friday, June 12, 2009

Look What I Can Do!







Well, this week finished off the girls' swim lessons at Schlitterbahn...

At first Maya was terrified, but as they days went by she slowly warmed up to the idea. We ended up buying her a "warm belly" wetsuit because she froze in the pool. She doesn't have much fat on her bones to keep her warm, so the wetsuit did wonders in keeping her body temperature warm. After that, she did great! By the last day she was jumping in the pool and going under water. Not bad for a first-timer... and for being 3 after all!

Rain made much progress as well... She swam laps with the kickboard and really got the idea of what she needs to do to swim. Though she is still hesitant about deep water, I don't think it will take much time at all for her to figure out that swimming is swimming reagardless of the pool depth. I plan on practicing with her this summer so that she can really enjoy herself in Akumal. She loves to swim under water (just like I did when I was her age) and I think that with a little confindence she will swim like a fish in no time!

Parker enjoyed haning out in the pool while the girls were in classes. Julie was really nice and let him swim with the group even though he wasn't officially signed up. (He graduated from the program 2 years ago). All in all, it was an enjoyable and (almost) painless two weeks of learning to swim. I do have to say that I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little longer next week (LOL)!

No comments:

Post a Comment