Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thankful


It's 6:00 am I just got back to the hospital. Kevin stayed the night with Maya (only one parent can spend the night) so I could go back to the motel and get some sleep. It is amazing what 4 straight hours in a bed will do for you. When arrived they were both asleep so I moved to the PICU waiting room so I wouldn't disturb them. I just read Kevin's post and spoke to Gladys, and it looks like the night was fairly uneventful.

Since I have some quiet time, I thought I would do a quick post about all the things I am thankful for... I know that I will undoubtedly forget someone or thing, but I just wanted to tell a few people how much they mean to me.

First, our friends Moira and Larry Jackson have been keeping Parker for us. I can't tell you how much easier I rest knowing he is good hands! They have been amazing-- taking on an extra 11 year old boy is a lot of work and I just wanted them to know how much we appreciate being able to focus on Maya. In addition, my friend Tina has been taking on extra carpool duties and has made sure everything works out for Parker... football practice, etc. You guys rock :)

Rain has been staying with Kevin's mom and step-dad, or "Memaw" & "Pepaw" to the kids. I'm sure it has been quite the challenge to make it a "business" visit since school night sleep-overs are much different than weekend ones. I am thankful that she is in the most loving place possible... even if she ate ice cream for breakfast, ha! Knowing that I can rest easy because Memaw can handle whatever comes her way, is priceless. Thank you, Bonnie... I love you!

My mom is doing a great job, too! I know it must have nearly killed her yesterday to know that Maya was going to have to work through some difficult struggles. She managed to give us some space and did not come to visit yesterday. I know that it was hard for her, but it was the best thing for Maya. I know she loves that little girl more than life itself. Thank you mom for your continuous love and support... We love you!

My friend Ashley, who like a sister to me, came on surgery day and stayed the whole tortuous time. She is an amazing friend who has this wonderful talent of knowing just what to say and do to ease my mind. She and Maya are super close and have been for awhile... sometimes it's even a toss up on who Maya wants more, me or her :) Thank you for riding out the longest 5 hours ever on Tuesday-- I know that it was difficult for you, too! Maya asked for her yesterday and her little face lit up when I told her that Ashley would be back today. Thanks for loving our little girl :)

To all the folks at Oakwood and Kids Kare... you guys are awesome. We are lucky to be a part of such an amazing church family. Your prayers and visits have meant so much to our whole family... thank you for being a part of Maya's life and loving her so much!

To the doctors and nurses that have cared for her... there are just no words. They are the best by a long shot, and we are thankful for their skill, their care and their devotion to our little girl.

To those of you who have been following the blog and praying for us, thank you. The support and love we have received is amazing in itself. Without the comments, emails and all the well-wishes, this would have been a lonely journey.

To my friend Amber, whose portraits of my children have been a constant comfort. The moments you capture are indescribable and help remind me that this is just one small bump in the long journey. Thank you for being my friend!

To Kevin... I could not ask for a better husband and father. He has barely left Maya's bedside and makes sure that everyone does what they are supposed to. He constantly asks the questions I never think of, and is able to push her when she needs a little nudge. Thank you for being everything I am not-- we are a perfect team and I love you more than words can say. I know that I could not have done this without you. You are my rock!

And most of all, I thank God. For His healing, His peace and His love... He has seen us through some pretty tough days... I have no doubt that He carried Maya yesterday, as we able to see few smiles and a small glimpse of the little girl we know and love, behind all the physical hurt. Our faith is strong will remain steadfast. What else is there to say to besides, "PRAISE THE LORD"?

That's all for now... it was starting to sound like I was accepting an Oscar!

Thanks again for hangin' in there with us,
Brandy

"The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus".
1 Timothy 1:14

1 comment:

  1. Love and prayers for your Maya and strength for your family.

    ReplyDelete