Saturday, September 25, 2010


I just got a call from the surgeon's office... Dr. Kupferschmid is stuck in Asia and will not be able to do Maya's surgery on Monday. He does 4 or 5 mission trips a year and we knew that he would be out of the country saving the lives of those children who are in desperate need. He also takes equipment and trains other surgeons while he is there. Unfortunately, his flight home has been delayed and so will Maya's surgery.

So now, we will wait until Monday to find out the new schedule. It is possible that it may just be moved to Thursday, though those plans are tentative. I truly feel like everything happens for a reason, and this is part of God's plan. While the waiting and not knowing can be tortuous, I know that He is in ultimate control.

Thank you so much for your continued support ... it means so much to have so many people praying for us!

I will post the new schedule as soon as we know it...

In Him,

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6


  1. We are praying for Maya constantly, and for you and Kevin and the kids as well, Brandy! God has little Maya in His hands and He will not let her go!
    "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You."
    Isaiah 26:3
    Love you guys!

  2. Oh, i bet this waiting is hard! Many hugs!!!

  3. Praying for you guys & thinking about you all the time!