Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Happenings

What a busy time of year this is! I LOVE Christmas... it is by far my favorite time. I just wish that I could slow down and enjoy it more. Here is a quick recap of the past few weeks in the Webb house:

1. Gruene Market Days, "Christmas Edition"


It was super cold, but we had a great weekend! I am looking forward to taking some time off, though :)

2. Maya's Christmas play at Mother's Day Out.


She is sooooo stinkin' cute & at a really fun age. Sorry about the video ha! I didn't realize that it couldn't be turned. (*note to self- keep camera horizontal or you will get a crick in your neck from trying to watch it play back)

3. Kevin's Chaparral Hunt.


What an awesome opportunity for him! He and three other guys have been applying for this public hunt for about 15 years now. Every year the notice comes that were not drawn, but this year they were! So they loaded up a monster RV and headed to Cotulla, TX. I hope he kills a giant whitetail. If he does, pictures will follow!

4. Uncle Scott & Aunt Melissa's Christmas Open House.


Kevin's Brother and his wife built an absolutely gorgeous home on their family ranch in New Braunfels. It is always a treat to enjoy the delicious food and sweet company. This year we had fajitas and I'm suprised Rain didn't end up with a tummy ache from all that fudge ha!

BTW- I don't have a picture of their house (I wish I did!) this was taken at ours :)

5. (1st Annual) Simply Adorable Christmas Party.


This year I threw together a little luncheon for my "sewing ladies" as the kids call them. I made chicken tortilla soup, and there was absolutely NO sewing involved. (For like the first time ever!) It was so funny because they walked in and were in shock that the machines were put away. I wanted to give them something to show them how much I appreciate their help, and Christmas bonuses were not in the budget, so I decided to get each of them something from Gruene Market Days. The items were a BIG hit!

6. KRE school parties!


Nothing like a little sugar, hot chocolate and crafts to get you in the spirit! Parker's class did ice cream sundaes, and ornament craft and gift exchange. Rain's class made a snowman, drank hot chocolate and watched the Polar Express in espanol. Maya and made the rounds and managed to meet our sugar intake for the week in about and hour. Good times!

7. Rain's Crafty Christmas Party.


More details on this later... but sweet Rain is stuck playing with stinky boys all the time. And though her and Maya are best friends, she was just dying to have some of her friends over for a change. So we decided to throw a little craft making event. I'll let you know how it turns out later :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment